Focus Las Vegas
Focus Las Vegas: Reducing Recidivism
Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
6330 W Charleston Blvd Ste 150
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Reducing Recidivism and the Challenges of Successful Prisoner Re-Entry
What is recidivism and how does it affect our community? Why do we have overcrowded prison facilities and why did Las Vegas’ recidivism rate increase? How are we promoting workforce strategies for reintegrating ex-offenders? What are the pros and cons to “ban the box”?
Featured speakers include (more to come):
- Jennifer Casey, Program Director, Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow
- Becky Collet, HR/Vendor Management, Simple Environmental Services Group
- Jim Dzurenda, Director, Nevada Department of Corrections
- Valerie Murzl, Senior Vice President of Human Resources/Training, Station Casinos LLC
- Jon D. Ponder, CEO, Hope for Prisoners
- Dr. Ricardo Villalobos, Executive Director, Workforce & Economic Development, College of Southern Nevada
Moderator: Jaime Cruz, Executive Director, Workforce Connections
Focus Las Vegas is a program of the Leadership Foundation of Greater Las Vegas, an affiliate of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber. It presents mini-seminars on timely community issues. Expert presenters and panelists, reflecting a variety of viewpoints, share their perspectives and answer questions to help leaders, particularly Leadership Las Vegas and Leadership Advance alumni, stay informed and meaningfully engaged.
RSVP Required. Please click here to register.
For more information about this event, contact Kimberly Bagdasarian at 702.586.3825 or email email@example.com.