The Public Policy Leadership Series
Successful communities and regions have leaders who understand the tenets of sound public policy. The Public Policy Leadership (PPL) Series - "People" Series, for short - educates community leaders interested in serving in public office on the tenets of good public policy and governance.
PPL is a partnership between the UNLV Greenspun College of Urban Affairs and the Leadership Foundation of Greater Las Vegas, a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to developing educated and capable community leaders. The Greenspun College of Urban Affairs is dedicated to personal and academic development, the advancement of a wide range of disciplines, and the improvement of public policy and professional practices.
The Series will appeal to individuals who hold (or want to hold) elected office or hold leadership positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors and want to engage in public policy and be effective change-makers. The Series will help educate participants on how to develop sound public policy, better understand functions and structure of government in Nevada and its funding sources and mechanisms, and learn best practices in public policy development.
- Ideal for people serving, or who want to serve, in state or local government
- Educates participants on how to develop sound public policy, better understanding functions and structure of government in Nevada, and learn best practices in public policy development
- The Spring 2018 General Government Series begins April 3, 2018 and meets for six consecutive Tuesday evenings, from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Prepares participants on the types of responsibilities associated with serving on boards of education and School Organizational Teams (SOTs)
- Topics include understanding the role of a school board member, education budgets and funding sources, and issues impacting student achievement
- The Spring 2018 Education Series begins April 5, 2018 and meets for six consecutive Thursday evenings, from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Tuition of each program will be $750. Applications will be made through the Leadership Foundation of Greater Las Vegas for selection into the class cohorts. Applications can downloaded below, and submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is March 29, 2018.
For questions and additional information on the PPL Series, please contact Cara Clarke, Executive Director of the Leadership Foundation of Greater Las Vegas, at 702.586.3832 or email@example.com
Community Advisory Committee - General Governance
- Bob Brown, Opportunity Village
- Tim Cashman, Las Vegas Harley Davidson
- Denice Miller, MGM Resorts International
- Paul Moradkhan, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Alisa Nave-Worth, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Erin McMullen, Boyd Gaming
- Gail Tuzzolo, Nevada State AFL-CIO
- Julie Wilcox, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Richard Worthington, The Molasky Group of Companies
Community Advisory Committee - Education
- John Guedry, Bank of Nevada
- Jan Jones, Caesars Entertainment
- Kristin Koca, Las Vegas Sands Corporation